Heather Caplan Coaching Services
All of my RD Real Talk Newsletter subscribers receive a 15 percent discount on coaching services. Join the group!
I started my business in 2017 to expand my work with individuals and groups. I work on a mix of nutrition and run coaching, freelance writing, teaching yoga, and building a nonprofit. Below, you’ll find a little more info about each of these.
I coach individuals and groups for both running and nutrition. I also teach yoga, mixing mindful eating meditations with the practice. No matter how we work together, I won’t give you a diet, food or exercise rules, or any other strict measures to stick to. We’ll have a conversation to discover what nutrition and fitness habits work best for you, and build on that.
Credentials and expertise:
I am a certified registered dietitian (2009), an endurance running coach (RRCA, 2013), trained yoga teacher (2015), and freelance writer.
I’m based out of the Washington D.C. area, but work with people who live all over the US. Nutrition sessions may be in person, over the phone, or via video conference (your choice). Run coaching services are mostly virtual, but I host a monthly run group in DC for local clients.
For any of the following coaching services, you can contact email@example.com to get started.
Heather Caplan Coaching Services:
- Nutrition Coaching
- Run Coaching
- Dietitian Business and Career Coaching
- My career has spanned from public health to marketing to tech startups. I love to chat with dietitians who are seeking a career switch, and offer consulting services to RDs and fitness professionals for marketing, business development, and group coaching.
- Freelance Writing & Public Speaking
- Writing: I’ve worked with publications such as Runner’s World, LOLA, Runner’s Connect, The Washington Post, and Washingtonian Magazine’s Well+Being blog.
- Public Speaking: I’ve presented at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic’s Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Symposium (2013); present annually to DC, Virginia, and Maryland area Dietetic Interns at the University of Maryland-College Park’s Joint Class Day, and have over five years of experience in corporate wellness and group education.
Nonprofit Work for Active Women
The Lane 9 Project is a nonprofit organization I founded with two friends in the DC area. Our mission is to educate active women, as well as coaches, parents, and teachers, on the prevalence of and health risks associated with the Female Athlete Triad. If you’re interested in donating to the programs or working with us, please contact Lane9Project@gmail.com.