Heather Caplan Coaching Services
I started my business in 2017 to help people stop pursuing weight loss, and pursue improved health and wellbeing instead. I’m an anti-diet dietitian and advocate for Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size (HAES). I’m also a running coach, and host of the RD Real Talk podcast.
My day to day work includes a mix of nutrition and run coaching, freelance writing, podcasting, and building a nonprofit. Below, you’ll find a little more info about each of these.
If you’re ready to get started with nutrition or run coaching, schedule your first appointment here!
I coach individuals and groups for both running and nutrition. No matter how we work together, I won’t give you a diet, food or exercise rules, or any other strict measures to stick to. We’ll have a conversation to discover what nutrition and fitness habits work best for you, and build on that.
Fit Fueling: Intuitive Eating for the Female Athlete
Kelly Jones and I lead a 4-week virtual course that combines Intuitive Eating and sports nutrition. We run it a few times per year, details are provided on the registration form. To register for our next course, fill out this short form and let us know if you have any questions!
Credentials and expertise:
I am a certified registered dietitian (2009), an endurance running coach (RRCA, 2013), trained yoga teacher (2015), and freelance writer.
I’m based out of the Washington D.C. area, but work with people who live all over the US. Nutrition sessions may be in person, over the phone, or via video conference (your choice). Run coaching services are mostly virtual, but I host a monthly run group in DC for local clients.
For any of the following coaching services, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.
Heather Caplan Coaching Services:
- Nutrition Coaching
- Run Coaching
- Dietitian Business and Career Coaching
- My career has spanned from public health to marketing to tech startups. I love to chat with dietitians who are seeking a career switch, and offer consulting services to RDs and fitness professionals for marketing, business development, and group coaching.
- Freelance Writing & Public Speaking
- Writing: I’ve worked with publications such as Runner’s World, LOLA, Runner’s Connect, The Washington Post, and Washingtonian Magazine’s Well+Being blog.
- Public Speaking: I’ve presented at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic’s Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Symposium (2013); present annually to DC, Virginia, and Maryland area Dietetic Interns at the University of Maryland-College Park’s Joint Class Day, and have over five years of experience in corporate wellness and group education.
Nonprofit Work for Active Women
The Lane 9 Project is a nonprofit organization I founded with two friends in the DC area. Our mission is to educate active women, as well as coaches, parents, and teachers, on the prevalence of and health risks associated with the Female Athlete Triad. If you’re interested in donating to the programs or working with us, please contact Lane9Project@gmail.com.