Heather Caplan Coaching Services
I went full time with my private practice and writing business in 2017 to work with more people, write more often, and do more of what excites me in the fields of running and nutrition. I’m practice the non-diet approach as a dietitian and advocate for Intuitive Eating and Health at Every Size (HAES). I’m also a running coach, and host of the RD Real Talk podcast.
*As of January 15, 2018 I’ll be on maternity leave and not taking any new clients. Get in touch if you’d like to wait until I return, but please note responses may not be prompt.*
If you’re ready to get started with nutrition or run coaching, schedule a call to chat with me by clicking here!
I coach individuals and groups for both running and nutrition. No matter how we work together, I won’t give you a diet, food or exercise rules, or any other strict measures to stick to. We’ll have a conversation to discover what nutrition and fitness habits work best for you, how to best fuel your lifestyle or training goals, and build on that.
Kelly Jones, MS RD CSSD and I lead a 4-week virtual course that combines sports nutrition with mindful eating practices, and finding a fueling strategy that works for you. We run it a few times per year, details are provided on the registration form.
To register for our next course, fill out this short form.
Credentials and Expertise
I am a certified registered dietitian (2009), an endurance running coach (RRCA, 2013), trained yoga teacher (2015), and freelance writer. My coaching practice includes motivational interviewing, SMART goal setting, and intuitive eating principles.
I’m based out of the Washington D.C. area, but work with people who live all over the US. Nutrition coaching sessions may be in person, over the phone, or via video conference (your choice). Run coaching services are mostly virtual, but I host a monthly run group in DC for local clients.
For any of the following coaching services, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org , or schedule an introduction call, to get started.
Heather Caplan Coaching Services:
- Nutrition Coaching
- 1:1 coaching packages and services
- Run Coaching
- 1:1 coaching, training plans, and nutrition packages
- Dietitian Business and Career Coaching
- My career has spanned from public health to marketing to tech startups. I love to chat with dietitians who are seeking a career switch, and offer consulting services to RDs and fitness professionals for marketing, business development, and group coaching.
- Freelance Writing & Public Speaking
- Writing: I’ve worked with a variety of national publications such as Runner’s World, Runner’s Connect, The Washington Post, and Washingtonian magazine’s Well+Being blog.
- Public Speaking: I’ve presented at the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic’s Sports, Cardiovascular and Wellness Nutrition (SCAN) Symposium (2013); present annually to DC, Virginia, and Maryland area Dietetic Interns at the University of Maryland-College Park’s Joint Class Day, and have over five years of experience in corporate wellness and group education.
Nonprofit and Community for Active Women
The Lane 9 Project is a nonprofit organization I founded with two friends in the DC area. Our mission is to educate active women, as well as coaches, parents, and teachers, on the prevalence of and health risks associated with the Female Athlete Triad. If you’re interested in donating to the programs or working with us, please contact Lane9Project@gmail.com.